Who says that homemade ice cream is a complicated ordeal? My recipe for No-Churn Oreo Ice Cream is easy breezy… and you’ll be begging for seconds!
And it only takes 4 ingredients to whip-up!
Ever since I ventured into my first no-churn recipe, I was immediately hooked. Before making my own batch of no-churn ice cream, I kind of doubted the concept. But I was mistaken. Trust me, it works! Yup, you can make your very own ice cream without the fancy equipment!
To continue my festival/carnival series, I decided that an ice cream recipe was in order. Most people associate deep fried desserts with carnivals, but ice cream is also a festival favourite. Plus, it makes for a great topping to my Homemade Funnel Cake – don’t ya think?!
Um… why not?! Okay, I’m a sucker for a good Oreo cookie. Growing up, I always loved (and devoured!) Oreo McFlurries. Now, I’m going the homemade route by making my own vanilla ice cream, and folding in a hefty amount of Oreo crumbs.
Whipping Cream – A Key Ingredient for No-Churn Ice Cream
The first step to making this No-Churn Oreo Ice Cream is to whip your cream until it reaches a stiff consistency. It’s important that you use whipping cream and not frozen whipped topping (like Cool Whip, for example).
Frozen whipped toppings tend to have added ingredients like corn syrup and hydrogenated vegetable oils.
Whipping cream is a cream that doubles in size when frothed – hence, the stiff peaks.
I opt for whipping cream because it keeps things pure and simple for my recipe.
Folding No-Churn Ice Cream
It’s important that all ingredients get thoroughly combined when making your batch of no-churn ice cream. But, be careful! Make sure to fold slowly and carefully – you don’t want to overmix and get a runny consistency!
How to Make Oreo No-Churn Ice Cream
Alright, everyone – here it is… my oh-so-easy recipe for Oreo No-Churn Ice Cream. You’ll be thrilled with how simple it is to whip-up and even more blown away with the delicious results!
No Churn Oreo Ice Cream
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 2 cups heavy and/or whipping creamy
- 1 14 oz. can condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9×9 square dish (or a standard 9” loaf pan) with wax paper. Set aside.
- Use a food processor to pulse Oreo cookies into crumbs – set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat heavy cream. Beat on medium speed, gradually increasing to high until cream forms stiff peaks.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract into whipped cream and fold carefully with a spatula. Fold until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Add Oreo crumbs into the mixture and fold carefully until fully incorporated.
- Pour no-churn mixture into the lined pan. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight. Serve by scooping into individual bowls and enjoy!