Giving my homemade pudding the star treatment by giving it a sweet (and marshmallow-filled) makeover!
Marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate… oh my! This S’mores Pudding Recipe is out of this world!
A few months ago, I made my very first batch of homemade pudding (chocolate, no less!). I was blown away with the results. All my life, I turned to package puddings as a midday snack. I never realized how simple it would be to make my very own.
Since whipping it up, I was eager to share it on this blog. Of course, I wanted to put a delicious spin on it. Then it hit me: s’mores! Ohhh, delicious, comforting, flavourful s’mores.
How to Make Homemade Chocolate Pudding
Ingredients for homemade chocolate pudding include sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and milk. The steps are easy to follow but still require your attention.
It’s important that you constantly mix the ingredients until they are well-combined and thick. Continuous whisking ensures that you’ll eliminate any lumps in the pudding and also, prevents ingredients from burning and sticking to the bottom of the pan.
I have always been a fan of s’mores. The summer season really gives me that ultimate s’mores craving.
My favourite part about s’mores is the graham cracker element. I’m all about a good crunch in any dessert!
Easy and Delicious S’mores Pudding Recipe
Okay ladies and gents, here’s my S’mores Pudding Recipe! I hope this dessert has you thinking about good the ol’ days, sitting around the campfire, telling spooky stories and spending time with your loved ones!
- Large bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Mason jars
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder high quality
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 4-5 graham crackers crushed
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (or more, if desired)
- 1 Hershey's chocolate bar 1.22 oz. in size
- In a medium size saucepan, mix together sugar, cocoa and cornstarch over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add milk and whisk continuously until thick.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add butter. Mix until butter is completely incorporated and allow to cool.
- Pour pudding into a bowl and cover with plastic. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Fill a mason jar halfway with the chocolate pudding, then with a layer of graham crackers. Add another layer of pudding and top off with marshmallows, more graham cracker crumbs and a large piece ofHershey’s chocolate.
Do you love s’mores? Have you ever made your own homemade pudding?