Please give me some MORE of these s’mores cookies.
How many cookies are TOO MANY cookies? (Wait, is that even a thing? Hips, I’m ignoring your answer for now.)
I couldn’t help but bake a batch of these s’mores cookies. Lately, I’ve been on the cookie prowl, developing more variations of my go-to dessert.
Whenever I’m craving dessert, it’s normally in cookie form. Yes, tiramisu and macarons happen to be my all-time faves, but there’s just something about cookies that are so wholehearted and classic.
How to Make a Good Chocolate Chip Cookie
A couple of months ago, I gave myself the mission to make the best chocolate chip cookies. After many tests (Goodness, do I ever love my job!), I finally came up with the perfect recipe for my family.
We’ve been turning to this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe ever since. Of course, with a toddler (and a very hungry husband!), I wanted to change things up.
The Anatomy of a S’more
So, what is a s’more exactly? It’s a classic, all-American campfire treat. Think of the perfect dessert sandwich: a bar of chocolate and melted marshmallows, melted and squeeze between two crunchy graham crackers.
Bringing S’mores and Cookies Together
With warmer weather slowly approaching (finally!), I was inspired to fuse together these two delicious treats. Could I do it? Could I make s’mores and chocolate chip cookies into one delectable dessert?
Sure I could!
I figured I could just give my chocolate chip cookie the ultimate s’mores treatment: add more chocolate, throw in some marshmallows and give it a sprinkling of graham crackers.
It’s seriously that simple – and absolutely delish!
How to Make a Batch of Homemade S’mores Cookies
Okay, enough rambling – here it is! Just below, I’ve got a list of all the ingredients and all the steps you need to follow to make your own batch of s’mores cookies.
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 45 mini marshmallows
- 3 graham crackers crushed
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix all ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into the egg mixture (ie.: wet ingredients). Mix together until cookie dough forms.
- Use a spatula to fold the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Wrap cookie dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or more!)
- Once the time is up, remove from the fridge and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill out a cupcake scoop (about 3 tbsp in size) half way with cookie dough. Press in about 3 marshmallows and top off with more cookie dough.
- Remove from the scoop and form into a sphere. Roll into graham crackers and add to lined baking sheet, keeping them about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a rack – serve and enjoy.