If you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious meal then look no further! My Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner will have your family begging for seconds.
It’s full of all the good stuff: meat, veggies and a delicious sauce!
I plan out our family’s dinners on a weekly basis. Every weekend, I sit down with my husband, and we outline what we’d like to eat for the week. We cross reference with our fridge and pantry in order to create a proper shopping list.
This planning may seem long and daunting, but it keeps us on track for our budget and health. It helps us prevent from ordering in, and munching on fast-food meals.
The Beauty of Sheet Pan Dinners
I often turn to sheet pan dinners because of their simplicity. I’m all about using minimal tools and dishes when it comes to weeknight dinner prep – and sheet pan dinners are the perfect solution!
When you whip-up sheet pan dinners, it’s important to keep cooking times in mind. Certain veggies roast faster than others. Be sure to start with harder veggies like potatoes and carrots (along with your meats, of course!).
Chicken and Potatoes
When I think of sheet pan dinners for my family, I think of our favourite dinner combinations. Chicken and potatoes are a classic – and so I decided that would be the base of this particular sheet pan meal.
Ingredients Needed for a Delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
This recipe is a breeze to put together. It doesn’t require many ingredients yet it’s full of flavour:
- Rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper
- Chicken Broth
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner with Potatoes and Asparagus
Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner with Potatoes and Asparagus
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1.5 lbs. yellow baby potatoes wash and dried
- 1 medium-sized white onion
- 10-12 asparagus stems wash and dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together melted butter, olive oil, broth and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts in the centre of lined baking sheet. Surround chicken breasts with potatoes.
- Pour sauce evenly over chicken and potatoes and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- As the chicken and potatoes bake, chop onions and chop stems off from each asparagus stem.
- Once time is up, remove chicken and potatoes from the oven. Flip chicken over. Add onions and asparagus on the baking sheet, surrounding the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Have you ever made a one sheet dinner before? If I were to make more of these, what kind of combinations would you like to see?