Today, I’m giving my smoothie bowl a complete makeover – mermaid style! Ladies and gents, here’s my gorgeous Mermaid Smoothie Bowl.
“I want to be where the mermaids are.” (See what I did there?)
Evive Smoothies are another go-to of mine. They’re smoothie cubes that don’t necessarily require a blender. The concept is simple: all you do is add the frozen cubes in a glass/cup and fill it up with your choice of liquid (I always go for almond milk). Then, you shake it up and ta-da! It’s ready to serve.
How I Make My Smoothie Bowls
For my smoothie bowls, I always go for Evive cubes because they’re so easy to use. Plus, I know that each Evive blend comes with a handful of healthy ingredients – including fruit, veggies and plant-based protein. While they don’t necessarily require a blender, I tend to use one when whipping up my smoothie bowls to achieve the perfect consistency.
The Benefits of Sprulina
So, what is spirulina exactly? It’s a blue-green algae that’s considered to be a superfood, with tons of health benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- High in many nutrients like Vitamin B1, B2 and B3.
- Very high in antioxidants.
- Helps reduce blood pressure.
- Known to improve muscle strength and endurance.
- Evive’s Saphir flavor tastes absolutely amazing and is the perfect blend for my Mermaid Smoothie Bowl.
How to Make Your Own Mermaid Smoothie Bowl
Okay, this is the moment you’ve all been waiting for: here are the easy steps to make your very own Mermaid Smoothie Bowl. I decided to top it off with bright fruits like blueberries, raspberries and kiwi. Their vibrant colors give my smoothie bowl a chance to shine (like any beautiful mermaid would, right?!).
Mermaid Smoothie Bowl
For the smoothie:
- 1 wheel Saphir blend by Evive Smoothie
- ½ cup almond milk
For the toppings:
- 1 banana
- 2-3 raspberries
- 1 silicone seashell mold
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 kiwi peeled and cut into slices
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
Begin by preparing the frozen seashell fruit. Mash ¼ of the banana and raspberries with a fork and mix. Spread onto seashell mold. Freeze overnight.
- Once the seashell fruit have set the next day, you can put together your smoothie bowl. Place Evive Smoothie cubes into a blender, followed by almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl and top off with seashell fruit, sliced kiwi, frozen blueberries and shredded coconut.
Psst: if you want to try out Evive Smoothies for yourself, you can use my code FABULOUSHABITS15 for $15 off your first box!