These Easter bunny cupcakes will make you want to go “hippity hop, hippity hop!”
I hope you have a hoppy Easter!
When it comes to seasonal and thematic desserts, I think Easter treats are my all-time fave. They’re full of cute characters and bright colours – totally in line with Fabulous Habits’ branding!
This year, I came up with these super adorable Easter Bunny Cupcakes. Decorated with cupcake basics like buttercream and fondant, these treats are ULTRA adorable! Because of its simplicity, they’re ideal to whip-up with your little ones.
How to Shape Fondant by Hand
Whenever I shape fondant pieces, I always start off with spheres. This allows for consistency in size, making my creations look as professional as possible.
To make my fondant bunny ears, I start with a pair of white fondant spheres that are about 1 inch in diameter each. Next, I roll out 2 pink fondant spheres, about 1/3 of an inch in diameter.
I lightly roll each sphere into an oval, and then flatten and shape them into bunny ears. It’s really simple! (Continue reading to get the full instructions to whip up this lovely Easter dessert!)
Easter Cupcake Ideas
Like I mentioned, I’m all about Easter treats and desserts. Be sure to take a look at some of my other Easter cupcakes, so that you can liven up your sweet table for your upcoming festivities!
How to Make Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
- Piping bag
- Wilton icing tip #12
- 1 dozen of your favourite cupcakes (we used a cake box mix)
- 4-5 oz. white rolling fondant
- 2-3 oz. pink rolling fondant
- 1 stick unsalted butter (approx. 1/2 cup) softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Before beginning the decorating process, ensure that your cupcakes are completely cool to the touch. Otherwise, the buttercream frosting will melt right off!
- With washed hands and on a smooth, clean working surface, roll 24 white fondant spheres, approximately 1 inch in diameter each.
- Roll out 24 pink fondant spheres, about 1/3 of an inch in size each.
- Lightly roll out each white fondant sphere into ovals, about 1 ½ inches in size. Flatten slightly and point on one end to create a“bunny ear” shape.
- Repeat for the pink spheres but keep them slightly under 1 inch long.
- Press one pink fondant shape on each white fondant shape.
- With the remaining pink fondant, roll out 12 small fondant spheres - slightly smaller than 1/3 of an inch in diameter.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk with an electric mixer. Start speed on low and gradually increase to high.
- Beat until all ingredients are well-combined, forming a smooth consistency.
- Scoop buttercream into piping bag with Wilton tip #12 attached. Frost each cupcake.
- Time to assemble the cupcakes! Place two fondant bunny ears on each cupcake and top it off with a pink “bunny nose.”